Take advantage of a limited opportunity to develop your Emotional Intelligence with one of our Coaches-in-Training! This Practicum is the final stage of their intensive training in the Daniel Goleman Emotional Intelligence Coaching Certification (EICC).
Daniel Goleman EI Training
The Daniel Goleman Emotional Intelligence coaching program is a journal-based learning experience designed to provide you with the opportunity to develop Emotional Intelligence (EI) while getting coached and utilizing these skills in your own life.
The applied, online learning journey has three key components designed to help you form new, emotionally-intelligent habits over the course of the 12 or 24-week coaching engagement:
- Learn: Practical explanations and examples of EI, delivered as an article or video, aimed at developing your proficiency in the Foundational and Relationship Skills of EI.
- Apply: An immediate application of what you have learned in each lesson that provides you with a suite of tools and micro-techniques to apply to your daily life at work and at home.
- Reflect & Journal: Building Self-Awareness is the cornerstone of our model. A daily journal creates an archive of your thinking and your mindset, allowing both coach and client to spot counterproductive habits of mind and pinpoint practical strategies to work with whatever may be standing in the way of your success.
This model makes it possible to develop Emotional Intelligence in a lasting way. It gives you a practical framework to practice each new skill you learn about, which is key to building any new habit.
With the guidance of a coach, you will go through a 12 or 24 week program of online learning, coupled with 1:1 coaching sessions every other week.
Prework and Assessments are designed to create a baseline for you and a starting place for your coaching partnership:
- The Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI) A performance-oriented assessment leveraging data from 80,000+ 360º assessments, 700,000+ raters, and the participation of more than 2,200 organizations.
- The Personal Sustainability Index (PSI) A field validated assessment focused on the Intensity and Balance of personal sustainability.
- The Motivational Drivers & Behavioral Preferences (MDBP)
- If you complete the 12 weeks of Foundational Skills with coaching you’ll become an EI Specialist.
- If you complete all 24 weeks of the Foundational and Relationship Skills with coaching you’ll become an EI Ambassador.
These designations have accompanying badges that you can display on your resume, in your email signature, and across social media.
Why Emotional Intelligence is Important
Proficiency in Emotional Intelligence is the single greatest differentiator in leadership today. We are all leaders in our own lives. Even if you aren’t familiar with the specifics of EI, you have undoubtedly experienced the difference between interacting with someone who is consistently aware of their emotions and how they impact others and someone who is not.
“[In a] study of 300 top-level executives from 15 global companies, 85-90% of leadership success was linked to social and emotional intelligence.” —Spencer, 1997
“EI is a distinguishing capability for leaders.” —Harvard Business Review
“Intelligence is a core requirement for the top 20% of professionals. EI is what enables the very best in this group to stand out.” —Korn Ferry